Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer/Lake Michigan

Summer has been flying by. Tim and I took Aiden to KY in June and spent time with family and then Aiden stayed there while Tim and I traveled took our "honeymoon" vacation. We went to Michigan and spent time visiting the Great Lakes areas. We visited Sleeping Dunes















National Lakeshore that was beautiful. We spent four nights in Traverse City, MI and had some of the most amazing meals. I thought that Lake Michigan was wonderful. The water was so clear that it looked like Caribbean waters!
I have been stitching a bit. I finished my version of Prairie Schooler's "Santa's Night." I shortened the piece and used GAST threads. I have also been practicing on the sewing machine. I finished my first quilt block! The block is called Great Granny Square and I joined a group on FLICKR that is doing a SAL on this quilt block. The block is not perfect but I am extremely thrilled with it. Thanks to everyone for taking the time out of your busy day to peruse my blog. I will try to update again next week with some Lake Huron pics. Until then, may God bless you all and keep you strong.

15 comments:

Christina G said...

I admire that you are taking on quilting. I cannot cut straight and have no eye for piecing so I haven't bothered...good for you! I think the block looks great and you will only get better. Love the pics of the lake and sunset. Chris G

Meari said...

Sounds like a nice vacation, Angel. Your stitching looks great as well as your quilt square.

htimcj said...

Your vacation looks lovely.
Heidi-ILCS

Iris said...

Your vacation pics are lovely. I love he PS finish, of course it is Christmas. LOL The quilt block looks good.

Vicky L said...

Your vacation sounded wonderful and beautiful pictures. Santa's Night looks lovely. Beautiful quilting too

Unknown said...

Love the photos, that water looks so inviting. I love the patterns on the quilting.

blueladie said...

Great pictures, Angel. Great projects too. You must be really pleased. TFS. :) Cathryn

mab3500 said...

I loved the dunes, it's been a long time but that was a great park. Your projects are beautiful!

Katrien said...

lovely pics

Sharon said...

What beautiful pics and loved your sampler. That quilt is just beautiful where is it not perfect!

Khris said...

The water looks gorgeous. Well done on your first quilt block...we all have to start somewhere...keep up the good work...hugs Khris

Denise SA said...

So happy for you that you had a good vacation.
Your granny square looks good I am being tempted to try this one

MoonBeam said...

Hi, Angel - I was led to your blog thru the HRH SAL yahoo group. Looks like we have a few things in common. I am trying to get it together to join the HRH SAL, even though I have too many things going on already. I really, really want to stitch HRH Autumn.

Also, I just ran into those great granny quilt blocks last night, and would love to make nine of those for a table topper. Have fun with yours.

Great sunset picture. Sounds like you had a nice vaca.

Take care...

Bobbi

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your photographs are stunning.
Beaytiful stitching and quilting too.

Sarah Beth said...

Michigan lakes are lovely. I grew up there. I have a suggestion you won't be disappointed in. Go up to the upper peninsula and visit Sault Ste. Marie. There you will see the Soo locks. Its straight up I-75 all the way. Its the beginning of the St. Lawrence seaway and the locks are amazing. There is an inn called the Soo Locks Inn straight across from them.. Great rates and they have like little condos in the back for the same price as the smaller rooms. On the way you could see Mackinaw Island:-)