Sunday, July 10, 2011

Anniversary Vacation Part 1






Tim and I just got back last Sunday from a sixteen night trip. It was great! We went to several different destinations and I thought I would blog about each one. Along the way, I got a stitching finish too!


Tim and I spent our first three nights in Paintsville, KY. Paintsville is about twentyfive miles from my home town. We visited with family and then left on the Monday for Lake Erie. We stayed in Huron, Ohio for four nights. Huron is about fifteen minutes away from Sandusky, Ohio. We had a great time there. We rode a ferry over to Kelley's Island and island that is in Lake Erie and spent a day there. Kelley's Island has glacial grooves that were made by the Wisconsin Glacier. The Wisconsin Glacier created the great lakes. Kelley's Island also had many historic sites and some great restaurants! Kelley mansion is in one of the pics I posted. It was a gorgeous house. While in the Lake Erie area, Tim and I also visited Marblehead and its historic lighthouse. I could have stayed at the lighthouse area all day. There were lots of rocks and people were catching fish. The waves were crashing and the birds were everywhere. It was so calming and peaceful, the kind of place that when you leave you have contentment in your heart. We also went to Vermilion, Ohio and I found a stitching store! I bought some fabric and another set of qsnaps from her. The store was Claire's Stitching Post and she had all kinds of patterns and fabric. I think that she had every Little House Needlework pattern that has been created! Claire was a very nice lady and if you are in northern Ohio, look her up. She is trying to make a go with her shop and we all know that that is hard to do nowadays!


While on our trip, I started LHN's monthly threadpack series. I am going to do six each on a piece of linen aida. I finished "January" while on the trip. I will continue my excursions in another post later this week. Thanks for reading and for all of the nice comments!

10 comments:

Gabi said...

Lovely finish.
Looks like you had a great time out and about. :)

ann70821 said...

What a great trip--I look forward to reading the rest of the updates!

Sharyn said...

Great pics of your trip! Looking forward to seeing more! Darling finish of the LHN Jan!

blueladie said...

So glad you had such a wonderful time. Great pictures - I really enjoyed looking at them. I love your stitching finish. TFS, Angel. :) Cathryn

Katrien said...

thanks for sharing your trip with us.
January looks great.

Nancy M said...

Very cute LHN design. Sounds like a great vacation. I'm in southern Mi, so close to the northern Ohio things you were talking about. Didn't want to hit Cedar Point while in Sandusky, huh?? LOL

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish. What is linen aida? I've not heard of it.

Sounds like a great vacation to celebrate your anniversary. How many years have you been married?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great vacation, thanks for sharing your pictures. Love your finishes.

Marl

Lyn said...

Sounds like my kind of vacation! Glad you were able to relax.

Katrien said...

Thanks for sharing your vacation. Lovely stitching.